Remember making pesto?
Well, it doesn’t do much good to preserve foodstuff if there’s no recipes to use them in! Of course, pesto goes very well with pasta, in any shape or form. Unfortunately, Derek eats low-carb and so pasta is off the our menu anyway.
As a result, Pesto Chicken came to be.
- 3 chicken breasts, cut in half down the middle*
- 4 cubes pesto, thawed**
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Handful of dried tomatoes, diced small (optional)
- Combine pesto, lemon juice, and dried tomatoes in a bowl.
- Add in chicken and mix it around until the pesto covers everything. Let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake in a 400F oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, pulls apart easily, and juices run clear. (If you use a thermometer, it should read 170F.)
* If you like juicer chicken, thighs work well too!
** Sub 1/4 c. fresh pesto if you’d rather.